As the semester draws to an end, I am pleased with the progress of the Students in Software Engineering. Leading the group has been a very rewarding experience for me, and participating has been great! I enjoyed learning more about my peers’ research as well as hearing some of the professors’ thoughts.
Here are a few statistics from our inaugural semester:
- Meetings averaged 16 students
- We averaged a turnout of over 50% of our target audience (Software Engineering graduate students)
- Over 100 different people came to at least one meeting
- Hosted the Chairman of the department
- We filled the room for two meetings
- There were never any donuts left
I’m very proud to be part of the Students in Software Engineering. The organization has done a phenomenal job of uniting Software Engineers, and we will continue to foster the collaborative, friendly environment. Coming next semester:
- Greater in-person promotion
- Meeting format change: three student presentation (reading groups) and one large meeting per month
- A new website
- SSE goodies
- A few other surprises :)
None of this would be possible without the awesome community of students in Software Engineering and my hardworking officers: Justin Enderle, Dave DeAngelis, and Robert Grant. Thanks to you all!