I’ve had a fantastic summer! I read a ton and learned a lot (I also implemented/coded/experimented a lot because I have to apply what I read in order to retain it). Here’s a list of what I remember:
- A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
- Influence! The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
- Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
- CSS3 for Web Designers by Dan Cederholm
- HTML5 for Web Designers by Jeremy Keith
- Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
Lots of blogs (I’ll call out a few categories to make the list easier to parse)
- Wisdom: Seth Godin, TED.com, Language Log, Lifehacker
- Humor: xkcd, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Things Could be Worse, Ray William Johnson, THXTHXTHX
- Programming: Hacker News, Coding Horror, InfoQ, High Scalability, DailyJS, CSS-Tricks,
- Design/Usability: Six Revisions, Good Experience,
- SEO: SEOmoz, Distilled, SEO by the Sea, Search Engine Watch
- There are many more, but they are not on the top of my head for whatever reason so I omitted them (rather than digging through Reader). There are also some local sites like Austin Business News and Door64 (lots of spam with occasional posts about Austin Tech news).
That’s a lot of information, so forgive me for any item I did not link. If you need help finding an RSS feed for the blogs above, just let me know and I’ll dig it up.
Is there something I just HAVE to read? Please let me know in the comments.
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.