I’m a big fan of the Google suite of products. I’ve been connecting via https for a while now, but Google has now made it easier. There’s a great article on Wired about encrypting your Gmail. Anyone using the Google services should do this immediately. Here’s a quick how-to:
- Log in to Gmail (https://mail.google.com/mail/)
- In Gmail, click on “Settings” in the top right corner (beside your username).
- Scroll to the “Browser connection” section at the bottom of the page
- Click the radio button for “Always use https”
- Click the “Save changes: button at the bottom of the page